Installing SP1 for Exchange 2007 in CCR Setup failing

This forum is to discuss Exchange 2007 problems and resolutions. It will also include Exchange 2007 Hints and Tips

Installing SP1 for Exchange 2007 in CCR Setup failing

Postby lookout2010 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my Exchange 2007 setup to SP1. I have upgraded my CAS and HUB successfully, but having a problem upgrading my mailbox role. I am using CCR for my mailbox setup, when I try to install SP1 on my passive node I get the following error:

==========================================

Setup cannot continue with the upgrade because the "powershell" (Machine: Ex1 | scope: domain:com> process <ID: 2564> has open files. close the process and restart setup.

The Exchange Server Setup operation did not complete. for more information. visit "support:microcoft:com" and enter the error ID.

Exchange Server setup encountered an error.

===========================================

I have faced this problem for the past 3 days, and googled it all over the web. I have visited the link provided with the error, but no luck.
Please help.

Yours,
Lookout2010
lookout2010

Installing SP1 for Exchange 2007 in CCR Setup fail

Postby ibmer007 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:54 pm

Hi Lookout,

I am not sure why Microsoft can't come up with more informative message, but when I had this same problem earlier at a customer site, it was fixed when I have done the following:

1- Close Power Shell before you type the setup command at the command prompt. For some reason seems exchange does not like it when you try to upgrade to sp1 when power shell is running.

2- Another wierd cause if you did not install SP1 for dotnet framework. netfx20sp1_x86.exe. You can find it on Microsoft website easily.

Enjoy,
IBMER007
ibmer007
Site Admin

RE: Installing SP1 for Exchange 2007 in CCR Setup fail

Postby lookout2010 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi Ibmer,

Thanks for the super fast reply. Can you imagine that just worked?

All I had to do is close the Powershell and all ran like a boom.

Why Microsoft can't say that in the error message !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.
Lookout :D
lookout2010

Return to Exchange 2007 Help Forum