Xosoft versus DoubleTake

To Discuss and compare Disaster Recovery Softwares

Xosoft versus DoubleTake

Postby backupguy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:18 pm

Hi all,

Can any one post a comparison or advises on Xosoft and DoubleTake? What is the advantage of each of them over the other one?
I have looked on google for long, but nothing really answer the above questions.

Thanks in advance for your Help.
:wink:
backupguy

Xosoft VS DoubleTake

Postby forumadmin » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:22 pm

Hi Backup guy!!

I will escalate it to our software comparison team to post a full comparison between XoSoft & Double take. Please visit our site back in few days. If you send me your e-mail I will update is as soon a draft of the comparison is ready.

Peace.
forumadmin

XOsoft VS Double Take

Postby forumadmin » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:38 am

Hi Backupguy,

I am glad to inform you that our Software Comparison team has post the first version of XOsoft vs Double Take Comparison on our site at http://itcomparison.com/DR/XOsoftvsDoub ... leTake.htm
I hope that will make you happy. This will be updated every while. Please let me know if you need any further details.

:o
Last edited by forumadmin on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forumadmin

Re: XOsoft VS Double Take

Postby backupguy » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:42 am

Hi,

Thanks for your help . Great comparison as well.
Keep up the good work .

Best Regards,
Backupguy

forumadmin wrote:Hi Backupguy,

I am glad to inform you that our Software Comparison team has post the first version of XOsoft vs Double Take Comparison on our site at http://itcomparison.com/DR/XOsoftvsDoub ... leTake.htm
I hope that will make you happy. This will be updated every while. Please let me know if you need any further details.

:o
backupguy

Postby thebigshow25 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Great article, and thanks for posting it.
However I would like to point out a few things that need to be updated.
1. Double-Take DOES have a Linux product.
2. Double-Take has two types of full server protection. SRO and FFO - they are both included as part of the core DT install product.
3. With the SRO and FFO products, Double-Take does do real time registry replication.

Thanks for the great work, dont hesitate to email me if you have any questions! :D
thebigshow25

RE: Linux product of doubletake

Postby forumadmin » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:33 am

Hi thebigshow25,

Thanks for your comment.
You are right SRO and FFO fix the replication of the registery part. I will edit our comparison to comodate for that soon, but I don't see any Double Take product for Linux any where. Can you please update us on that.

Thanks a lot again for posting.
Best Regards,
Forum Admin.
forumadmin

comment

Postby thebigshow25 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:06 pm

Sorry for the delay in responding, the announcement for a Linux product was actually just officially released. Its been around as a product since last year thought...
Also, a couple of comments about the 'registry protection' portion...
XOSoft only protects the registry ONCE during the initial sync.
Double-Take protects the registry with both the SRO product and the included FFO (full server failover) and its real-time registry protection just like the data on the server.
thebigshow25

Return to Disaster Recovery (DR) Software Comparisons